MEDICAL INSURANCE SUPPORT
In addition to our law firm assessing your surrogate’s medical insurance policy to determine its suitability to cover the surrogate pregnancy, IARC provides the following insurance support for each program (all included in our Agency Fee):
- Assistance obtaining alternate insurance coverage if the surrogate’s existing insurance policy is not suitable.
- Assistance obtaining back up/contingent insurance coverage for clients who wish to have extra insurance protection.
- Identification and obtainment of low-cost U.S. newborn insurance for international clients.
- Verification that the surrogate’s medical providers are “in-network” under her insurance plan at the start of pregnancy to ensure her medical costs are as low as possible.
- In the event the insurance company attempts to deny coverage for the surrogate pregnancy (rare), submission of an Administrative Appeal to the insurance company to attempt to persuade them they must cover based on insurance laws and the terms of the plan.
- Any plan recommended by our companion law firm to cover the surrogate pregnancy will have very strong arguments to present to the insurance company as to why it should be required to cover.
Please note there can never be any guarantees when it comes to medical insurance coverage. However, you minimize your risk in this category by working with an agency who has expertise in this area, as IARC does.